The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mystery Google.

So the latest rage these days is Mystery Google. Mystery Google looks like a google search engine, but in a different template. Mystery Google however, is a bit more complex. When you search something on Mystery Google, you don't get what you searched for. Mystery Google instead searches for what the person immediately a before you searched for. For example, if one person searches for "US Flags", and I search for "Puppy dogs" immediately after them, I will come up with a search for US flags.

Now, you may come across a search that says "Your mission: say hi to a random person." This is a mystery google mission. The only problem comes when you get "Your mission: send sheep123@fakemail.net a picture." In this case, they are giving out their email to who knows who. If you choose to accomplish the mission, then you are sending back your email to them.

I have spoken about internet security here and here. In the case of the above mission, I would use a fake account or create a brand new one. This will allow you to send emails anonymously if your careful. I would also warn others of the dangers of what they are doing.

Mystery Google is a fun idea, but dangerous if not used properly (like anything)

Stay safe, and God Bless.

~Sheepdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!