The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mistakes

Mistakes, everyones made them. Anyone who's tried has failed at one point or the other. Anyone with experience has made mistakes. When you make a mistake you learn. When you learn, you gain experience. When you gain experience, you don't make the same mistakes. Even the most experienced, hardened, time worn person will make mistakes. Humans fail. It's our nature. Part of the fall.

The trick is not to stop making mistakes, but to gain experience from those mistakes. A young child might touch a hot oven once or twice, but they will learn to not do it anymore. That's experience. They realized somewhere they made a mistake, realized what the mistake was, and determined how to do better.

Anyone who succeeded failed to get there. The ones that don't make it are the ones that didn't try, or gave up when they failed. I'm not saying that if you just try you'll succeed. That's an unrealistic view, but I am saying this: If you give up or don't try, you will not succeed.

Learn from yours and other peoples mistakes, trust me, life will be a lot easier.

~Sheepdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!