The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rules for living

The following are my rules for living:
Except Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and love him more than anything

1. Integrity always
2. Never apologize for doing the job the right way
3. Use your pockets, they are there for a reason
4. Travel at yellow
5. Always carry a knife
6. Know how to turn anything into a weapon
7. Have some way to create fire
8. Be courteous, be polite, but trust few, and have a way to take down anyone you meet
9. Train like it's the real thing
10. Plan for the worst, pray for the best
11. Have a plan
12. Have a back up plan
13. Have a back up for the back up plan
14. Know how to use your tools, and how to maintain them
15. If you're carrying it, it should have more than one use
16. Never strike in anger, but always place your strikes with a cool head and a firm hand
17. Watch the door
18. Treat women with respect
19. Fight for the innocent and the weak
20. Survivor, not victim; Sheepdog, not sheep; Protector, not bully
21. Touch no one, let no one touch you
22. Do not rely on the government to fix your problems
23. Learn from the mistakes of others, you wont live long enough to make them all yourself
24. Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
25. Don't be a jerk
26. The mind is the weapon
27. Think outside the box
28. If you go in, have a way to get out
29. Forsake not your God, your country, your mission, your comrades, your duty
30. Get-R-Done and make it home

7 comments:

  1. "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

    Still one of my fav quotes.


    And agree with all these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more, but I decided to keep it down to 30

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like the 24 Rules from the blog Straight Forward in a crooked world. Nothing wrong with that, but you shoud be respectful and site the inspiration for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll admit that I have seen Straight Forward in a Crooked World's rules. These are my rules however. I did not intend to copy or plagiarize his work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally they look like a pretty good set of rules to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like rule number 22

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!