The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Home invasions

They happen. Sometimes with 16 people. Let me explain something. They are scary, and they are fast. If you don't take away the control of those involved within the first few seconds, it's very hard to gain it back. I have never been in one, but with some of the self defense classes we teach, we have simulated ones. Some run, some stay, some freeze. You never know until your actually put in the situation, but let me tell you. Once we lost control and people stood up to us, it was impossible to do anything of the original plan. We had to decide to either try and fight, or get out.

For most, they will choose get out instead of fight. They'll move on to a different target, preferably one that doesn't make so much noise so that the neighbors will come, or that doesn't put them at great risk of injury. Some might stay and fight it out, but those are very rare. I will say this: if you do not fight back, they will go about their plans, and I guarantee they are worse than what you'll go through if you fight. Always, always, always, fight back. Don't give up. Don't be a victim.

Make your attack be Immediate, Direct and Explosive (click the don't be a victim link for more info on that). If even one person takes their control, that would be enough. Also remember, when one person stands up, the rest follow.

Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto, things happen in less than a blink of an eye. Scary, but true.

    (BTW, we should do a home invasion night again, maybe before Stephen leaves)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!