The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Thursday, December 24, 2009

And so, liberty dies.

Today the health care bill was passed. I'm going on record as saying the downhill slope of our freedoms disappearing just got much steeper. This, I am sad to say, is what I believe the end of our freedoms looks like. The government is gaining more and more control with each bill. This health care system will let them dictate everything down to the food you eat. Fortunately I don't think they'll be able to take away our guns, but the senate and house have shown they do not represent the people anymore. I fear that America is falling.

There may still be hope to repeal it, the bill doesnt take affect till 2013. We can vote out the critters that put this through, we can elect new ones that will represent us. But for now, it doesn't look good. We are heading for tough times. May God be with us.

God bless America.

3 comments:

  1. The only way it;ll be overturned is if a good majority of American's stood up for their rights. Unfortunately, most of them want this, and don't understand the implications. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure that that's true. The polls that I've seen, that weren't CNN, seemed to be against the bill. I'm not sure if it was they were against health care or that they were against the lack of senators reading it before they signed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polls have turned greatly in the last few months, but I don't know if it would be enough to have the votes needed for another "change" in the next few years.

    It's the younger voters that are going to be the ones really needed on the right wing side, and they gotta vote all the time, not just the presidential elections.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!