The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Malls

Alrighty, were heading into the holiday shopping spree season, so lets talk about one of the things I loath most: indoor malls. Especially around the holidays.

Malls are already some of the most unsecured, highest profile targets. They attract large crowds, are enclosed, have pretty much everything certain religious extremist groups stand against, and have very few exits. Add to that little kids lined up for Santa Claus, even larger crowds, and you've got a very graphic, very horrific, terrorists dream.

Lets think of this environment. Large crowds where its difficult to maneuver, difficult to control, and difficult to find people in. Large crowds where its easy to get massive casualties very quickly, easy to panic, and easy to get trampled in. And thats before you add in the stress of the holidays, the extra large crowds, etc.

Do you see why I hate malls period, and indoor malls in particular? I don't go to them unless I absolutely need to get something from them. And even then, its a commando operation. In out, quick as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dang, I never thought about that . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur; I would also say that, personally speaking, one of the few things I hate and distrust more than indoor malls are indoor malls that are unfamiliar. If you don’t know where everything is like the back of your hand...sorry, that map in your pocket doesn’t do a whole heck of a lot when everyone around you is screaming and stampeding. In a word: know where you are, where you’re going, and who you’re with. You can’t count on anyone else around you to know what they’re doing: make sure that YOU do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your walking, always have 2-3 exit plans. Obey rules 28 and 30: http://sheepdogfiles.blogspot.com/2009/10/rules-for-living.html

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!