The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Friday, November 13, 2009

Lets roll

So the self proclaimed architect of the 9/11 attacks is going to be tried in New York. Receiving the same rights and privileges of a US citizen. When he and his comrades are found guilty, I hope they are put to the worst punishment. We all lost a piece of ourselves during 9/11. I will never forget what happened, nor will I ever be the same. My country was subjected to unjust torture and death. Those who perpetrated these attacks should expect nothing more in return. We are not a "paper tiger" as Osama Bin Laden claimed in one of his videos. Every one of the soldiers in our military is willing to die for the defense of freedom, but they are also willing to end the lives of any who threaten it.

Remember 9/11, mourn those who were lost, and bring those responsible to justice. And for my fellow Americans who feel the same, LETS ROLL!

2 comments:

  1. Screw it, keep them in solitary and take all their rights away. Nothing but food, water and solitary for the rest of their lives. If you kill them you do exactly what they want and make them a martyr. Make them suffer through solitude being cut off from everyone and allah. The worst punishment for them is life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same feelings, but you have to think how this could be used against the wrong people. If they do not try them, whats to say they can't claim I'm a terrorist and do the same. Doesn't seem like a good path to go down. The better thing, which I would've liked to see happen, would be try them in military court. They are, after all, enemies of the nation, captured fighting US troops, on foreign soil. Treat them as terrorists. I do not agree with our government giving them the same rights as US citizens, but it does show the world that we can be civil in the face of terror. I don't necessarily agree that we should be however.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!