The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Monday, March 29, 2010

Re: Re: Re: Human Nature


Anonymous said...

The axiom upon which you rest your beliefs is the problem with your kind. You always deal with absolutes. If you are not good, then you are evil. If you are not with us you are against us.

You can deny it, but it is apparent in everything you have written to me today. And it is at this point where you are simply and utterly wrong.

There is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. There is no god. It is not a question of belief, but of existence. Just remember, everything is a perspective and people are no more or less for what they believe. I do not see myself as above you because I believe that your beliefs are wrong, just as you should not view yourself as better than those who chose not to follow your path. And since when did I ever claim perfection? Maybe you dont get it, but I dont care what "evil" i do with my life, because no matter how bad it is your judgement and by extension your gods is useless on me.

In the words of Altair:
Nothing is real. Everything is permitted.

Once you understand this paradox then you will see what i see.

Have a nice life. Or whats left of it anyway.
And such is the way of the world. No hope. No sense of right or wrong. Nothing to judge by. What a horrible world to live in! What a horrible world view to live by! If there is no judge, then why do right? If this life is all we get, then why not please yourself? The very fact that this world is not in complete chaos shows that there is a God who cares about us, and restrains us from being taken completely by evil. Who restrains us from our evil desires. Who has given us a conscience.

There are absolute truths. There is right and wrong. It is apparent. There are laws set forth by our creator, and when we follow such laws, things go well for us. When we do not, things go poorly. These laws work because they are good. They are good because they tell us the nature of what God is. They are based off the attributes of God.

I am sorry if I came off as judgmental, I was not trying to do so. I do not look at people as lower than myself  because they do not believe what I believe. The only reason that I talk of such things is because it would be cruelty not to. If you knew how to heal cancer, would you keep it to yourself while you saw those around you suffering? Could you let them continue to suffer even though you knew the secret that would save them? I cannot! Forbid it that anyone should keep such a gift as eternal fellowship with Jesus Christ to themselves! I am not trying to ram it down someones throat, that would be impossible. You can lead a horse to water, yet you cannot make it drink. If it chooses to die of thirst because it refuses to drink of the water, than so be it, but at least you gave it the means to survive.

Christians are not better than those that are around them. We are still human. We still fail. We still fall back into our past addictions, our past patterns, our past sins. So what makes us different? Christ is at work. Christ is changing us. Christ has forgiven all of our past sins, and all of our future sins. But for the grace of God can I stand. In Christ alone is hope. This world has nothing for its people. There is no hope for those that do not have Christ. Christ is everything that we need. I beg of you, do not reject his love anymore. You have heard the truth, you have seen what can save you, it is up to you to drink. We cannot force you to accept rescue, to stop fighting; you must do that. I will be praying for you, my unnamed friend.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, you are right. Indeed, you are wrong. I always loved the little proverbs people spit out, they never realize how easily they can be turned around.

    I will admit it has been fun entertaining this kinship with you.

    For your amusement: I am a devote atheist. I attend a catholic college. Oh, the irony. It makes sense, though. It was being surrounded by fanatics like you that turned me to this path.

    My friend, you have no truth. We are all flying around this random star on this weird rock. We dont know where we came from, we dont know where we are going. And we always have to go to the bathroom. Theres no meaning to any of it. Think, if the purpose of life is just for the individual to save himself, even if its through helping others we will still have an eternity of humans accomplishing nothing. No, your way is far too simple, and therefore not truth. I too search for absolute truth, and it is not so easy to find that it is there before we are born.

    P.S This will be my last response.
    By the way, im only 18.

    Mai dimenticata.
    Nulla è reale, tutto è lecito.
    Arrivederci, mi amico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response: http://sheepdogfiles.blogspot.com/2010/03/anonymous-said.html

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!