The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Monday, March 29, 2010

Re: Re: Human Nature

Anonymous continues:

Anonymous said...

Continue as you will. All I say is remember the days of when you were a child, and knew not of death or religion or politics. And remember this, you imply that we had a choice, a free choice, and we chose evil. So allow me to ask, did you chose to be born? Your view implies that there is a time before we are born when we are not evil, so tell me, why is it that your soul chose to be born, if it knew it was to be born evil? If it knew that it was going to return to god, why even go through with life, and the struggle that is accompany to it? Why not stay in the afterlife, or beforelife in this case?

Answer me! Tell me the meaning of life, and maybe then I shall give your damn religion some credit.
We cannot choose to be born, we cannot choose between good or evil. As I have said, we are evil, and are in need of a savior. I did not say that we chose to be evil, it was Adam and Eve that did so at the beginning. However, we are their descendants, and are born separated from God.

I must ask, have you ever lied? Have you ever cheated? Have you ever stolen? Have you ever hated? Have you ever lusted? Such things are not of God, and anything that is not of God is evil. I have stated before, that evil is the absence of God. Since we are born absent from God, we are evil.

You ask the question, why would I soul choose to be born if it knew it would be evil. I tell you that our souls did not exist before we were born. There is no preexistence for creation. We have a definite beginning. God however, is eternal, He has no beginning, and no end. We are created, and therefore, have a point in time when we were created.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

2 comments:

  1. The axiom upon which you rest your beliefs is the problem with your kind. You always deal with absolutes. If you are not good, then you are evil. If you are not with us you are against us.

    You can deny it, but it is apparent in everything you have written to me today. And it is at this point where you are simply and utterly wrong.

    There is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. There is no god. It is not a question of belief, but of existence. Just remember, everything is a perspective and people are no more or less for what they believe. I do not see myself as above you because I believe that your beliefs are wrong, just as you should not view yourself as better than those who chose not to follow your path. And since when did I ever claim perfection? Maybe you dont get it, but I dont care what "evil" i do with my life, because no matter how bad it is your judgement and by extension your gods is useless on me.

    In the words of Altair:
    Nothing is real. Everything is permitted.

    Once you understand this paradox then you will see what i see.

    Have a nice life. Or whats left of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response: http://sheepdogfiles.blogspot.com/2010/03/re-re-re-human-nature.html

    ReplyDelete

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!