The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. -R.A. Heinlein

Monday, April 19, 2010

Some thoughts

I have noticed that everyone has a longing for the love of the Lord, weather they admit it or not. We all have something within us that knows Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, yet for so many years we suppress it, and try and push it down.

That, I believe, is why atheists care about us believing in Christ. Logically, if there is no God, what would they care about who we worship? But deep down they know the truth, though they will not admit it. So a fear of what will happen wells up, and instead of surrendering, they fight (as every sinner did once). 


I think it's something like, if I can make them stop believing, than it must be so. If they lose faith than there really is nothing to fear. Throughout history we see empires, rulers, warlords, etc; trying to destroy God's word, and His people, yet the Lord is gracious, and still has a use for His people.

Through it all, He reigns victorious, and continues to use us, such wretched people, to His glory. How great the feeling that comes with doing His work! How great His love! How great our sin, yet far greater, His mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to keep my identity private. If you know me, please do not post anything that could compromise me by giving out my name, state, phone, etc. In effect, act as if you do not know me personally. Keep comments civil, and polite please. God bless!